Moringa oleifera is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree of the family Moringaceae, widely found in Africa and the Indian subcontinent. Common names include moringa, Drumstick Tree, Horseradish Tree, and Ben Oil Tree or Benzolive Tree.
The leaves have 7 times more vitamin C than oranges and 15 times more potassium than bananas. It also has calcium, protein, iron, and amino acids, which help your body heal and build muscle. It's also packed with antioxidants, substances that can protect cells from damage and may boost your immune system
Medicinal uses of Moringa includes;
- High levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia)
- Symptoms of menopause.
- Vitamin A deficiency
- A mild form of gum disease (gingivitis).
- Athlete's foot (Tinea pedis).
- Birth control.
- Heart disease.
High blood pressure.
- Increasing sexual desire in healthy people.
- Infection of the intestines by parasites.
- Kidney stones.
- Low levels of red blood cells in people with a long-term illness.
- Stomach ulcers.
- Swelling (inflammation) of the stomach (gastritis).
- Wound healing.