Organic Cocoa Butter is a naturally occurring fat in the seed Theobroma Cacao. After being extracted from the cacao bean, the natural cocoa butter has a rich pleasant chocolatey aroma. The appearance is a characteristic pale yellow to light brownish color. Natural cocoa butter is known for its high oxidative stability, as a result of it being naturally rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. Natural cocoa butter is a solid at room temperature. The fat in cocoa butter forms a protective barrier over the skin to hold in moisture.
- Cocoa butter is full of antioxidants that fight free radicals that cause aging and other diseases. These antioxidants also ensure a long shelf life. 100% vegan, Food Grade Cocoa Butter Wafers is a healthy choice for those on a plant-based diet to get more healthy, saturated fats in their diet.
- The polyphenols contained in cocoa butter have been shown to help diminish signs of aging, plus soothe sensitive skin suffering from dermatitis or rashes. Polyphenols are types of antioxidants that promote health both internally when eaten and when used topically on the skin.
- Cocoa Butter causes significantly less irritation to those with sensitive skin as it still locks in moisture for hydration. For burns, rub a small amount of pure cocoa butter into burnt skin to help skin replenish.
- Use of Cocoa Butter Wafers in food over refined vegetable oils can reduce inflammation in general and help with hormonal balance.
- Cocoa Butter Wafers is easy to work with in homemade/DIY natural cosmetics like creams, lotions, lip balms, hand creams, hair conditioners. It's also great for cooking, baking and other cuisines.